Saturday, May 4, 2013

Interesting changes coming up

Been a while since my last update. I update my blog either when there is a significant change in my career, personal life or to share a travel experience. For starters, I am done with my project for the last 3.5 years.

Yes, WIN is now transitioned to another resource. I get mixed feelings when I think about my last project. Feel sad that it does not belong to me any more. Feel happy that I am out of my comfort zone. I am now going to explore some new situations professionally. This is another project with the same client. I will be handling the operations from overseas. Working directly with the customer will have its challenges but that will give me more opportunities.

Now that this is my last weekend in Bangalore for next few months, I am trying to spend some time with family and reflect to what are the gaps I need to fill so that my skills stay relevant in the long run. I am looking at some interesting learning opportunities on the functional as well as technical side. There is so much to explore and do and the time just does not suffice. I am really excited about the upcoming events and pray that the best happens.

While I am waiting to move to a new location and a new project, my sister Kulsum is coming to India on a 2 month vacation. Feel sad that I'll get to spend only a week with her after 2 years. However, it was by chance that my travel got delayed by a week because of negligience of someone in the visa processing department of my company. With so many moving parts in the bigger machinery, there are some positives and some negatives. I am loooking in hope that the journey ahead will be fun.

No comments: