Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 a new start

It was a year back that I decided to move to a new job and a new country not knowing what to expect but with a positive attitude. Its been a year after that and times have changed. In the process I learnt a lot. The learning has been fun.

Changing my job twice in the same year has taught me one golden lesson "no matter how much you change things will always be the same". Last year we used to get interview calls every week but now all the job portals have gone empty. Last year every company treated its employees like the boss but now its the "take it or leave it" attitude. But one thing has remained the same, work has kept me really busy. Hardly have time for myself. And the worst part is we need to remain busy to protect our jobs. We have to adapt and most importantly enjoy every moment as it is. I think its time to learn as much as possible so that it can be encashed when better times return.

One more thing I've learnt is that nothing is permanent. Everything finishes one day or the other. The biggest empires and civilizations have been razed to rubble. Thats the cycle of life. Who was a superpower yesterday is nobody today. The same holds good for all of us. We have to do our best to enjoy the journey and we can expect results only from God. I believe better times will return. God is with those who are patient (Innallaha ma as sabireen).

No comments: