Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcome to Mu Sigma

It has been three days already in the new company. It is really a new experience. Especially coming from giant organizations like IBM, Satyam and TCS. Things are less organized or should I say they are getting organized. There is no internal messenger yet. This was an ideal timepass. And when there is a problem with the individual systems the IT team is just across the room. In my earlier companies you would end up pinging someone in the other end of the country and sometimes even beyond the shores.

In my last two projects that I was the junior most guy. Here experience wise I am among the senior guys. There are many guys around who have just 1 or 2 years experience. They seam to be more dynamic and flexible. Especially coming from a background where all my work has been pretty similar over last few years it is a new experience and an exciting opportunity.

How exciting or how new the work is, I will know when I start interacting with the client/onsite coordinator. For now I am only going through some documents that will help me understand the fundamentals of insurance industry. Frankly speaking its not my favourite industry but dealing with the data and making sense out of this will be interesting.

At the moment, I am new to this place and trying my best to capture as much information from my surroundings as possible and put it to use when needed. In short an interesting beginning to a new phase in my career. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, u write really well, Talha. Another good quality, that i came across after reading ur blog. I always wanted to have a blog of my own, but it never happened. Wish u a very bright career in the new company, may allah bless u with whatever righteous wishes u wish for. Ameen!

Talha said...

thank you mohammed.